Saturday, December 18, 2010

Saturday Night Live December 19th, 2010

December 19th, 2010
Host: Jeff Bridges.
Musical Guest: Eminem and Lil’ Wayne.

Cold Open.
One of the best political ones they’ve done in a while.

Monologue.
Not sure it was the best use of Cookie Monster, but I’m a sucker for Christmas songs.

Miley Cyrus Show.
Not as tightly written as the last installment, but still a decent sketch. The clips from Miley’s acting are always the best. It still makes me laugh to think about the clip of her and Batman. Also. I know it’s weird to say as a longtime SNL watcher, but I always find it weird when one celebrity plays another celebrity within their peer group.

Digital Short.
The rap and R&B songs still seem to be their strength.

Larry King. Great make-up job on Kenan as Jermaine Jackson.

Crunkmas.
I don’t really want to like these sketches, but usually there are 2 random things that make me laugh. Like a 2-D screening of Owls of Ga’Hoole.

Weekend Update.
Kenan’s impression of Michael Steel almost makes me feel sorry for him. Tarran Killam’s Brad Pitt impression just confused me. I guess I haven’t seen Brad Pitt in a long time. Patterson, Stefon and Snookie are the new Tarzan, Tonto, Frankenstein.

It’s a Wonderful Life.
The movie parody was so-so, but I’m a nerd for TCM host impressions.

Jeff’d.
I liked how calm and relaxing this was. I could watch 10 more minutes of the narration segments.

Old Western Gift Wrapping.
Not sure what they were going for, but aI’ll give them credit for trying something different.

Holiday Message from Kardashians.
I almost like their impression of these people I don’t know, except the voices get a bit grating.

Ack! They showed Cookie Monster's performer in the farewell!

1 comment:

aaron said...

the 2d screening cracked me up too!
i agree about the brad pitt impression... my comment was "when did brad pitt become the fonz?"
and the cookie monster performers freaked me out a bit too. i guess it was the floating upper half of cookie monster even more so.