Saturday, December 19, 2009

Saturday Night Live December 20th, 2009

Saturday Night Live
December 19th, 2009
Host: James Franco
Musical Guest: Muse.

I missed the beginning because I was watching the snow storm on the news. Hope the audience gets home okay.

What Up With That?
Third time out, it’s getting a bit tired, but I still get some enjoyment from it. Sadly, this installment felt the most off. Maybe because everyone seemed tired. I’d like to see them find a way to change up the format or at least the song. The best part was just seeing Jack McBrayer sitting next to Mike Tyson.

Awkwardly kissing family.
You gotta give them all credit for going at it with such vigor. Something about it seems to be a classic SNL sketch.

Digital Short: Jammy Party.
Not much of an original spin on the innocent kid show going horribly wrong…but it still worked for me.

Manuel Ortiz Show.
How many Spanish television parodies is Fred Armisen in? Mildly amusing if just for the amount of energy the cast put into the non-stop dancing.

Musical Guest: Muse.
I don’t know that much about the band except that they sometimes sound like old Radiohead and a bit like the band, Ours. Something about this particular song reminds me a bit of Brian Setzer with an electronic twist. I like it well enough.

Weekend Update.
Bill Hader as the Jersey Shore’s The Situation had a tight six pack on his back!
I enjoyed Fred Armisen and Kristen Wiig’s matching outfits and wigs for Garth & Cat. Not sure I got what they were trying to do though.

College Kids.
Kind of zoned out during this one.

Vincent Price Christmas Special.
Still using that Harry Potter font. I’ve never been a big fan of this reoccurring sketch but I enjoyed this one a bit more than normal. Mostly because of Katherine Hepburn fighting the raccoon.

Christmas Tree Lot.
James Franco is a man who really loves his Christmas trees. I LOVED THIS SKETCH!

“Carol, Hold My Calls” is one SNL quote that will never be on a t-shirt (god willing).

Mark Walberg talks to Christmas animals.
Not much new here. But it's short enough that it goes down easy.

FAVORITE CLIP:

1 comment:

Colorado Mommy said...

I have to say Jammy Party had me rolling! Perhaps I have a twisted sense of humor, but I haven't laughed that hard in at least a day. Love your blog. I still watch SNL too.