Thursday, October 9, 2008

SNL Weekend Update Thursday October 9th, 2008

Opening Debate Sketch.
Not as funny as the previous debate sketches, but hard to complain when there's a Bill Murray cameo--and hey, it's new content mid-week! McCain pacing about in the background and calling the audience members by their wrong names were nice attentions to detail (if you watched the debate, of course!)

Weekend Update.
Two segments that made up the rest of the half hour special. Sadly, not a lot of memorable bits, especially compared to your average episode of the Daily Show and Colbert Report. The "Really?" bit might be funnier to people watching SNL for the first time in a while.
But I did like the "Oh, my god are you serious" twist.

Will Forte and Fred Armisen performing their Hall and Oates political song was the highlight of the evening for me. Especially Fred Armisen. "Okay, I'm back, you convinced me!"


CLIPS:




No comments: